Now, getting an esthetic porcelain crown takes one visit, so it’s as simple as having a filling! With amazing computer aided design and manufacturing (CAD/CAM), our CEREC system allows Kinkade Dental Studio to design and fabricate your custom crown in just one visit. Onsite fabrication means immediate placement, so you won’t need a temporary crown, and you won’t have to schedule a follow-up visit for placement.
CEREC: A Better Option
Crowns are an essential restoration to protect your natural tooth from further damage. A crown can salvage a severely decayed, broken, or worn tooth that may otherwise have to be removed and replaced with a prosthetic. Traditional crowns, while still effective, do have disadvantages:
- Require more than one appointment
- Sent out to a lab and created based on messy impressions
- Require placement of a temporary crown until the permanent crown arrives
CEREC crowns achieve the same result as a traditional crown but with marked advantages:
- Designed and placed by the dentist in a single visit
- Custom-made in our office from a digital scan of the tooth
- No temporary crown required
- Created from CEREC metal-free, all-ceramic blocs
- Backed by decades of research
- Known for strength, durability, and esthetics
How CEREC Works
Dental technology has grown by leaps and bounds, making dentistry more convenient and more comfortable. CEREC uses 3D imaging technology and special software for precise designs and dependable results. After preparing your tooth, the dentist scans the tooth and a digital blueprint is created by our CEREC system. The doctor designs the crown, selecting the shade, adding grooves and contours, and ensuring it fits well with your bite, and then our CEREC machine mills a metal-free restoration from a single CEREC Bloc, all in the same appointment. The dentist will permanently place the CEREC crown, and you’ll leave our office with a full, healthy smile.
Ask us about CEREC crowns today so you can spend less time in the dentist’s chair and more time sharing your smile.